Basic ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding
Are you an instructor?
Do you need instructor materials? Request an access code
Organized to reflect the ICD-10-CM/PCS chapters, Basic ICD 10-CM/PCS Coding
, 2013 Edition, provides students and in-training professionals with a balanced approach to coding. In-depth instruction and practical exercises build a foundation from which to apply ICD-10-CM/PCS conventions and rules to everyday examples and exercises using actual case documentation. New content intended to give the student a basic level of understanding of ICD-10-CM/PCS that will allow them to begin the education process of transitioning to coding with ICD-10-CM/PCS.
An instructor's guide is available, with additional exercises, an answer key, background information, pointers for students, and PowerPoint slides for the classroom. Instructor answer key provides detailed explanations of how codes are assigned in ICD-10-CM and constructed in ICD-10-PCS. A companion workbook, Basic ICD-10-CM Exercises, fourth edition, is available for purchase.
New with this Edition
- Updated to 2013 codes, effective October 1, 2012
- Reorganized to reflect the ICD-10 chapter structure
- Includes ICD-10-CM coding guidelines within each chapter
- Chapters are organized by body systems, with a step-by-step approach to rules, rationale for use, including relevant parts of the ICD-10-CM coding guidelines and review exercises, plus procedure coding
- Each chapter in the ICD-10-CM/PCS classification system is addressed with exercises to apply coding knowledge and skills
- Focused instruction on critical areas such as Prospective Payment Systems and supplementary codes provides a professional perspective
- Online Resource includes full text of both the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Guidelines and ICD-10-PCS Reference Manual